Our cosmetic dentistry procedures are designed to improve the look and feel of your smile by enhancing your teeth. At Reflection Dental, Dr. Parham Akhavan, a cosmetic dentist in San Juan Capistrano, provides patients with the opportunity to replace missing or damaged teeth, eliminate gaps, and overcome stains and discoloration. Your interest in cosmetic dentistry is a choice that can have a positive impact on your self-image as well as your daily interactions with the world around you. Contact us today to learn more about our cosmetic dentistry services and how we can help you achieve a healthier, more beautiful smile.
How Do I Choose A Cosmetic Dentist?
When searching for the right cosmetic dentist to transform your smile, there are a few tips you should consider:
- Training – Probably the most important aspect is to check and make sure your cosmetic dentist is trained. Postgraduate courses and specialized certifications can make you feel more comfortable about the skill set and knowledge of a cosmetic dental professional.
- Comfort – Does the dentist office feel warm and welcoming or cold and unfriendly? Look for various amenities offered, including blankets, TV, coffee or snacks, etc.
- Before & After Photos – A cosmetic dentist who has been performing successful procedures for many years should have a variety of before and after photos. These will help you determine if you want to move forward with receiving treatment.
- Time Requirements – Find out how long each cosmetic procedure will take. Does it match your timeline?
- Advanced Technology and Sedation – Ask about sedation dentistry options and any advanced technology used to make the procedure a more comfortable experience.
- Schedule – Find out if their office hours are conducive to your schedule.
- Location – If you don’t want to bother with a long commute, look for a cosmetic dentist whose office is conveniently located.
Cosmetic Dentistry Procedures
There are many reasons why people come in for cosmetic dentistry treatment. Some may be for aesthetics, others because of a functional problem that has been causing pain. Here are a few more specific reasons a person might pursue cosmetic dental treatment:
- To have a more pleasing smile
- To correct a missing tooth
- To fix a broken tooth
- Remove coffee or tobacco stains
- To whiten teeth that have been dulled by medication
- After-effects of chemotherapy that have damaged the roots of the teeth
- Teeth that are misaligned that may affect the way you chew food
First impressions are often made when you interact with a person. We find that many of our patients opt for some form of cosmetic procedure to improve their self-confidence. Below is a list of various cosmetic procedures that we offer:
Stains and discoloration can typically be eliminated from the surface of the enamel with professional teeth whitening techniques. Teeth whitening is an effective, safe, and conservative cosmetic choice. Teeth whitening is also a very versatile solution, which can be performed in the dental office or in the comfort of your own home.
A moldable, tooth-colored material known as composite resin can be applied to the teeth to repair or rebuild the structure of a tooth. Teeth that have been chipped or broken can be restored to a more natural and attractive shape when the composite resin is bonded directly to the enamel. In cosmetic dentistry, we also use composite bonding to cover or conceal small areas of discoloration.
When a strong, thin layer of porcelain is bonded to the front teeth, stains, cracks, and other flaws are immediately erased. Porcelain veneers are a conservative and permanent cosmetic option.
Inlays or Onlays
These are top-quality porcelain or gold fillings that are prepared in a dental lab and then placed into the tooth by a dentist. These long-lasting fillings are both durable and attractive.
Using clear, plastic aligners, Invisalign braces can straighten crooked teeth, eliminate gaps between teeth, realign an improper bite, and even add space to crowded teeth. Proving to be a much more discreet method of treatment, many adults choose Invisalign because of its ability to fix orthodontic problems faster than traditional metal braces.
If multiple problems plague your smile, there is the possibility you can qualify for a full smile makeover. By combining multiple cosmetic dentistry treatments, your dentist in San Juan Capistrano can dramatically transform your smile, giving you a beautiful aesthetic and improved oral health.
Botox injections can be used to eliminate fine lines and wrinkles that exist around the eyes, nose, mouth, and forehead. Many patients seek treatment to achieve a more youthful appearance, but Botox injections are also beneficial to individuals who suffer from TMJ/TMD, migraine headaches, bruxism, and other facial-related problems.
We are here to create beautiful smiles!
Contact our office today for more information.